When my friend asked me what’s the first gear to buy to be a leather man, my answer is: a pair of leather boots of course! The beauty is that you can only wear a pair of knee high boots with nothing else on your body, but you still can look hot 🙂 And you can wear it on the street with casual clothes. You can look sexy with only a pair of sexy leather chaps, but you can only wear it at home.
Ok, so where I start as a entry level leather boots fan? Well, my first recommend is a pair of leather combat boots, especially Cocoran .
as a boot beginer, better with the easiest one. when you getting more and more interested in boots. more on from combat boots to knee high boots.
1. Leather Combat Boots
- Easy to put it on and off, no boot jack needed;
- Can wear with daily jeans or camo pants and look sexy;
- Look good with leather chaps or leather jeans;
- Reasonable price.
- some of you may say: that’s not a pair of leather boots! A pair of hot leather boots should at least knee high. Yea, I totoally agree with that. but this pair of leather boots, at least can wear in the office and still look normal 🙂
2. Wesco Boss 16″ Engineer Boots
when you are comfortable wearing combat boots, you can buy some knee high boots, For me, I like either wesco boots or dehner boots. They both look really hot.
I will talk about wesco boots first, as it look really manly, and a little more easy to put on and off.
- Sexy and HOT!
- Thick leather, really tough, and heavy;
- Compare with Dehner Boots, Wesco Boots are relatively more easy to put them on and off;
- Expensive, around 600USD;
3. Dehner Dress Boots
This one is more like equestrian boots, thin, narrow, and light.
- Beautiful, can hide them under a suit, and everyone may think you are just wearing a dress shoes, so you can wear your knee high leather boots in the office 🙂
- Light, feel like just wearing sneakers
- Expensive, around 400-500USD;
- Hard to put them on and off, need a boot jack definitely;
4. Chippewa Men’s Trooper 17″ Motorcycle Boots
- Sexy look;
- Reasonable price, around 250USD;
- Not that comfortable when walking on the street, especially if you are standing for a long time
Where to buy leather BOOTS?
1. Mr S Leather and Stompersboots
They have been selling leather boots for a long time. Good reputation for good quality stuff.
The cheapest way is to buy from ebay. Try used boots for your first time, and gain boot experience from there.that’s how I did it
Normally on ebay, they will have half the original price up to the original price. that’s a good price range. if too cheap, probably they wear the boots too often, and there’s not much life left for them or somewhere broken with the boots.
If you want to buy brand new one, you can buy from mr s or stompersboots.com. When I first try to buy gear, I have little money. so i buy cheap leather pants and shirt with a low price. but then I found out that it’s really worth it. I even dont want to wear it, as the quality is just too bad.
This place is especially to buy custom made leather boots. You can choose what kind of leather on your boots, what kind of soles you want, what color you want…but expensive, and takes a few months to finish.